Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Liriano happy with first outing

This time last year, Francisco Liriano was recovering from a freak offseason accident he suffered to his non-pitching arm. He didn't make a single spring training appearance, going to straight to rehab before landing in Pittsburgh.
So he wasn't too upset with his outing Wednesday, when he allowed two runs and three hits in one inning against the New York Yankees during each team's Grapefruit League opener.
"Physically, I feel 100 percent. My arm feels great," Liriano said. "Didn't throw any four-seamers today - just two-seam...I'll mix it up in the next couple of games."
Liriano said he doesn't plan on deviating much from last year's preparation, which sounds like a good move: Liriano won 16 games, beat Cincinnati in a Wild Card playoff game and was named the National League's Comeback Player of the Year.
He's also been named the Opening Day starter, but he doesn't plan on handling or carrying himself differently than in the past.
"I'm just trying to focus on the things I have to work on," Liriano said. "I'm just going to go out there and get ready for the season...We've got a pretty good starting rotation. Like I said, I'm just worried about getting myself ready for Opening Day."

No comments:

Post a Comment