Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Wandy Rodriguez: Power hitter.

So it's 21-3 Pirates here in the seventh.
Yes, 21-3.
The Pirates have banged out 27 hits, though none more memorable than the 2-run home run off the bat of pitcher Wandy Rodriguez in the second.
Rodriguez, who has never homered in over 400 regular-season bats, hit a 3-2 pitch into the fierce jet stream blowing toward right field. The ball landed in the bullpen, where the Pirates pitchers raised their arms in celebration.
Rodriguez, meanwhile, did the same rounding first.
"You know what? A 3-2 count, I know a fastball's coming," said Rodriguez, who allowed three earned runs in 4 2/3 innings. "I have good contact with the ball, and the wind helped me, too. I don't have a lot of power, so the wind helped me."
Jose Tabata and Starling Marte also homered for the Pirates, and Matthew Tuiasosopo hit one for Toronto.
All went to right field.

No comments:

Post a Comment