Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Home runs and hot shots at McKechnie Field...

(photo by John Lembo) - The wind is blowing out at McKechnie Field, and we have homers. four of 'em. Nate McLouth's two-run blast in the seventh has given the Buccos a 6-5 lead over the Red Sox heading into the eighth. Matt Hague blasted a two-run shot for the Pirates. Jarrod Saltalamacchia added a two-run blast for the BoSox, as well, and Mauro Gomez hit a solo shot.
- Jordy Mercer almost killed me. He hit a liner foul into the press box that hit a ledge, bounced up and hit the ceiling and rolled down press row. There's a fresh marking just on the ceiling just above my head. But my Brita is still standing!
- The Pirates are getting their fill of the AL East's elite. They visited the Yankees on Tuesday, hosted the Red Sox today and welcome the Tampa Bay Rays to Bradenton on Thursday.
- This game has sped up since Red Sox starter Jon Lester left after three innings. Good thing. It's my turn to walk the dog in the morning and I was worried I wouldn't make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment